. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Typethe following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.
Nếu các bước nào trên kia không thực hiện được, các bạn làm tiếp các cách sau rồi tiếp tục các bước bên trên
1. Search for ‘command prompt’ using Cortana or Windows Search.
2. From results, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
3. Type sfc /scannow command and press Enter key.
4. Let the command complete and then reboot the machine.
If SFC can fails, try these steps:
1. Search for ‘windows powershell’ using Cortana or Windows Search.
2. From results, choose Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
3. Then type/paste following and press Enter key:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
4. Let the command complete, restart your system then.
Now try to start wuauserv service, and it should start this time.
If problem continues, perform repair upgrade: https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-repair-windows-10-using-in-place-upgrade